Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Addition to My Studio and More Links



If you do a lot of handwork such as knitting, crochet, embroidery, tatting, etc. or reading or even just visiting with guests in your studio it is nice to have a comfy seat in which to work. And don't forget to have good lighting so you don't strain your eyes. This is a rocking chair I recently reupholstered and oddly has found its way into my studio. I could sit in it for hours just a rockin' and stitchin'. Have you included a favorite spot in your studio?

You can see the 'before' photos and a little about the process on my other blog: http://ceoriginals.blogspot.com/2011/10/rocker-redo.html




LINKS: If I did everything right, you should be able to click on any of the images below to be taken to the home page of each respective blog where the images originated. Each of the three featured blog owners has generously given their consent to use the images and for that I want to give them a special thanks! We all love pictures! Enjoy.




(1) Talk about eye candy! Rebecca has posted lots of fabulous images from her before and after studio redo. She was featured in Where Women Create so you know this will be a wonderful site to visit and be inspired! I love how she has added so much personality and warmth to her studio.
http://www.rebeccaersfeld.com/2011/10/studio-redo-finally-finishedelloe.html?showComment=1318776393307#c1670473152493515095










(2) Jane (a self-proclaimed junker) author of Mamie Jane’s Blog has a true gift for repurposing thrift store, flea market, garage sale and other bargain finds. I absolutely love her blog and have been a follower of hers for almost as long as I have been blogging. Her vision is so creative. It is a great blog to visit for inspiration. I am sharing the following link showing (among other things) how she has repurposed a little wooden cabinet and some loaf pans to create a great storage piece that you could use in your studio (see photo below). Another example of what you can expect on her blog are these creative magnets! Jane's imagination is amazing.
http://mamiejanes.blogspot.com/2011/09/black-and-white.html










(3) Marian at Mustard Seed Interiors had a wonderful post about getting rid of clutter. It is a very inspirational post and has reminders and suggestions we all need to hear over and over. I just happened onto her blog and had to share. Be sure to check out the rest of her blog as well as some of the links on her sidebar. Aren't the pitchers a pretty way to contain your brushes! Is there anyone who doesn't have at least a brush or two in their studio?
http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/09/getting-craftoffice-space-organized.html?showComment=1317213185391#c5259347697069141282







(4) Although I wasn't able to make contact in order to get permission to use her image, the following is a link to check out for yourself:

Stamp storage in the laundry room? No way! Check it out on this link:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/312011-mm786/1741452-stamp-storage-in-laundry-room/


If you have photos you want to share, please contact me and I will be happy to post them along with a link to your blog!

1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Great post, I got so lost in the links I had to leave a bread crumb trail to find my way back to you. Wonderful inspiration!
Deb