Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Just a Small Thing

This is one of my favorite ideas for those of you working with small pieces, be it beads, trinkets, nails, knitting markers, buttons or whatever else you can think of that can easily get lost or mixed together. Some of you may recognize what it is and some of you probably have never seen them before. They are glass floor protectors that used to be put under each leg of furniture to protect the floor. I had a stash of these I thought I might sell at a garage sale, and then it hit me how perfectly they would work. They keep my beads separated and it is easy to dip my needle tip in and pick up a tiny bead or two. They are only about 3" dia., so several work on my tray/charger. I think they would work great for mixing paints too. For you sewers and quilters out there one could easily be converted into a pin cushion too or the pins could just be kept in them as is.


Below is an overhead view. They sparkle nicely too, complimenting the sparkly beads! You could use these for storing small items in a cake pan, tray, box or other container as well.




Here is more of a close-up. As you can see they are not perfect. That is part of what I love about them. They have history and character. Just imagine all the beautiful pieces of Victorian furniture that must have been set on them or the beautiful floors they protected. The best part is...they are really inexpensive! Feel free to share your ideas in the comments. I would love to hear how they might work for your art or craft.

2 comments:

Matthew George said...

nice post thx for sharing

Indian Art Ideas is an famous Indian art gallery provide Indian artwork, Indian art, art collections, Indian Contemporary Art Gallery, Online Indian Paintings, Famous Indian Sculptures and all other Indian Artist Artwork.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Matthew! Glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for checking out my blog.