Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paint Brush Containers

I keep a pretty good stash of paint brushes on hand in my studio. I paint mostly in watercolors, but also occasionally in acrylics or oils, so I have a variety. I like to keep my brushes where I can see them and close at hand. Silver and glass or crystal vases and small pitchers work perfect for this. Also, rather than placing them on a simple tray, I have them on a silver cake stand so that I can keep them together and up off the work area along with such items as my sea salt, sponge and Q-tips that I also use at times when I paint. Having them raised seems to take less space than a tray placed directly on the work surface. This may be something that would work for scissors, knitting or crochet needles, or other tools. How could you make it work with your art or craft?

2 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

I love this and all your ideas on storage.I just finished getting some more shelving in my room and couldnt come up with some creative storage solutions and ended up with bland white bins(photos on my blog).Not wanting to spend big bucks on new storage I like your ideas on keeping things in order and having them look pretty!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Thanks Cat. This is my passion. Stay tuned. I have tons more ideas! What types of items do you especially need storage for?