Friday, June 29, 2012

Update on Updated Office/Sewing Room

The second dresser has entered the room.  The drawers are packed and the top is full, but I still have more to bring in!  One entire drawer has velvets destined for a velvet crazy quilt, so I will get started on that soon and free up that space.  This is actually given me the incentive to make more.  As they say, "use it or lose it" and I am rather attached to my fabrics and supplies.  As for the top of the dresser... I finally have a place to set my WIPs (works in progress).  They also say "out of sight, out of mind" and I think we all know about that one.


I don't know if you noticed, but I kept the old drawer pulls (for now).  I hate to discard something that works perfectly fine.  I boiled them in vinegar and water for about 15-20 minutes to give them a good cleaning and then polished them with a cloth.  They don't look so bad do they?



*Before I forget, here are some LINKS for your viewing pleasure.  Do you like seeing these?  I don't get much feedback on them and wonder whether they are actually of interest?

In case you haven’t yet had enough about color, here is some more insight about communication and the language of color.


Curious Miss Clay has shared various storage tips on her blog, including an idea for packing supplies.

And here is a link for a pin cushion/caddy to keep by your side. It would be a wonderful aid in keeping things organized as you stitch. I actually found this link through http://magpiesmumblings.blogspot.com/2012/06/pincushions-and-rust.html but the direct link follows. (BTW, both sites are fun to visit). Be sure to check out her comments to see the variety that have been created by others using Penny’s pattern!

One of the followers on this blog and a wonderfully talented stitcher commented recently and I visited her blogs…her many blogs. This one really caught my eye and I thought some of you may be interested. She has set up a blog for stitchers to buy, sell and/or exchange stitch supplies. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to share. Faye, I hope you don’t mind.

Here are some great organizing tips from a doll maker

On a totally different note, here is a link for those creative souls out there. I just received the most recent Stampington Calls and Challenges for publication if you are interested.

2 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your room is shaping up nicely! The handles look great. They work and are suited to the dresser's style. Looking good!
Deb

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your studio looks great - and I do really like those handles and wouldn't even consider changing them. They add to the charm of the cabinet! As for your wonderful links - you KNOW I like them and am always happy to check them out to see what I might find. Thanks, btw, for the link to my blog!