Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Studio Decorating

I finished the curtains for my art/craft studio. I had designed them so there were two halves and each just folded over to form a valance, but then I had to have them open to get light and closed to see the pretty beads along the top. I ended up cutting the 'valance' section off and stitching those two sections together again. As you can see, I just barely had enough of the two panels left to form the curtains on either side. I can close them or as I have here, tie them to the sides with beaded flowers.

I just loved the beaded fringe. It is the pre-made fringe purchased by the yard. I bought it so long ago waiting for just the right project to use it on. Well, my new philosophy is to use it now. Don't save the good stuff for a special occasion, a great project or a special place--make every occasion, project or place special always! Today is what counts!!!





2 comments:

Judy said...

Very pretty curtains! Yes, I agree the fringe is wonderful! You have such a nice and organized work space...lucky girl!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Thanks Judy. It gets pretty messy between projects. I guess I'm a luck girl because I love to organize! Thanks for stopping by. Connie