Saturday, May 15, 2010

Purple Iris Outside my Studio

This post isn't actually about organizing your studio, but since my first post showed my studio from the outside without a pretty flower in sight, I wanted to show you that it does occasionally get some attention and looks pretty.

I have these purple Iris blooming everywhere. That is not a bad thing since purple is my favorite color and I love flowers! The photo below shows the Tiger Lilies making their way up toward the sun. These are right outside my studio door where I can enjoy them as I head toward the studio.
I need to find some sort of hedge to grow over toward the corner of the building in this flower bed. I had Hollyhocks planted there, but they seem to have a mind of their own and think they want to be at the front of the flower beds and on opposite ends from where they were originally planted. Now where I grew up on the farm, Hollyhocks behaved themselves and came up in the same spot year after year! What has happened to this new generation anyway?

DGreetings.com describes the purple iris as follows: "A purple iris flower symbolizes wisdom and knowledge. They are praised all over the world for their rich meaning. One can even try giving a bunch of purple iris flowers in order to compliment some one. Whole-hearted compliments can be expressed without words by giving purple iris flowers. Such is the vastness of iris flowers." TheFlowerExpert.com says the following: "Iris symbolizes eloquence. Purple iris is symbolic of wisdom and compliments." So to you all I share my purple iris in gratitude and with my compliments!

No comments: