Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Do Something Everyday to...

This is something I live by: Do something toward reaching your goals every day! It can be any goal, no matter how minute. I am very much a "goal" person and a "list" person. I try to write down my goals in pretty specific detail and in my mind I have some sort of deadline. Are any of you the same way?
One of my goals was to scan in all of my genealogy photos. I have tons of photos and felt a little overwhelmed as to how I could possibly scan them all in with my little old scanner. Well, I would just come home and scan at least one photo. It has taken awhile, but I have a lot of my photos scanned in and put away for safe keeping. I didn't have to sit for hours while everything else piled up out of neglect.
Another goal was to organize my studio. Now you can see where I am going with this. I would go to my studio and maybe clean one shelf, or gather up all the stencilling supplies and tools which were kind of mixed amongst other things at the time. I would find a container then to store those in and get them set aside.
You don't have to spend days or even weeks just organizing your studio. Break it down into bite size pieces. For example, gather all of your white fabrics into a grouping, or all of your scissors...your glue...whatever.
If you want to make a quilt but don't feel you have time, cut a piece or two or more a day. I'm working on a crazy quilt block. I may only stitch one decorative section a day, but within a short time I will be done. I don't become frustrated all week thinking I just don't have time to sit down and make a quilt block. With my beading projects I work the same way, I just do a little each day.
It sounds pretty basic, but it really does seem to work for any goal. Are you a list person? a goal person? Do you work in things when you can or do feel you can't start something unless you feel you have time to finish it?

No comments: